#117 Favourite 2017 books - part one

We're coming to the end of the year so that means one thing - rounding up my favourite books of the year! However, when it came to putting a list together it was long as my arm! I managed to cut it down to 20 books so here is part one of my favourite books of 2017 (in no particular order)























Wing Jones, Katherine Webber ★★★★★
I read this beauty of a book at the start of the year and I still adore it! This book is about family, love and running with just a little sprinkle of magical realism - read my review from earlier in the year here!






















Unconventional, Maggie Harcourt ★★★★★
I still absolutely love this book as well (sorry there's gonna be a running theme here) Set over various comic conventions Unconventional has one of those wonderful slow burner romances that we rarely see - I wrote a review in earlier in the year which you can read here!






















A Quiet Kind of Thunder, Sara Barnard  ★★★★☆
A Quiet Kind of Thunder tells the story of Steffi, a teenager with selective mutism and Rhys, a deaf teenager. Another slow burner romance I remember how this book had me turning the pages as fast as I could, laughing and crying! Sara is a pretty special author!






















The Hate U Give, Angie Thomas ★★★★★ 
This book 100% deserves all the talk, awards and hype it got! Inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement this book is contemporary at it's best! The Hate U Give is raw and real and I urge you to pick it up if you haven't yet!

















The State of Grace,  ★★★★☆
The State of Grace is a wonderful own voices YA book about Grace an autistic with LGBT+ and ADHD representations this is another book that is very real but also had me smiling from ear to ear as well as sobbing my little heart out!






















One Italian Summer, Keris Stainton ★★★★★
The first (and definitely not the last) of Keris' books appearing in my favourite books of 2017. One Italian Summer was the first book I read by Keris back in May and I'm still in love with it! Full of love, grief, One Italian Summer is wonderful and heartbreaking all at once! 






















The Upside of Unrequited, Becky Albertalli ★★★★☆
Becky has such a gorgeous writing style and it's not hard to fall in love with it! I've never related more to a character like I did with Molly - she was at times scarily very much like me! Read my full review here!















The Fallen Children, David Owen ★★★★★
Based on The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham, The Fallen Children is about four girls - Keisha, Olivia,  Siobhan and Maida who mysteriously fall pregnant during a night called the 'Nightout'. This book is very creepy but very good and despite not being the biggest fan of that kind of thing I just couldn't put it down! I actually own three copies of this book and even managed to find a Golden Egg copy at Waterstones Deansgate! 






















The Loneliest Girl in the Universe, Lauren James ★★★★★
This wasn't much of a surprise to see, was it? I don't think I need to say much apart from READ THIS BOOK! The Loneliest Girl is definitely my favourite book of the year! Feel free to read my interview with Lauren to get a little more insight into The Loneliest Girl in the Universe here!






















Truth or Dare, Non Pratt ★★★★★
Truth or Dare is another one of those books that's contemporary at its best, revolving around Claire and Sef, two teenagers with a youtube channel where they do truth or dares as a way of fundraising money for Sef's brother. Truth or Dare is a very unique dual narrative story you start of by reading Claire's point of view and then once you get to Sef you flip the book upside down and start from the beginning over their story but with Sef's point of view!
























So there we have it - the first 10 books in my top 20 books of 2017! Have you read any of these books?

Comments