#116 December reading wrap up

It’s been a while since my blog post and I'm gonna sound like the typical blogger all like  “oh life just got in the way” but in all honesty it did! 
I started writing a book (!!!) started volunteering at a little Oxfam bookshop twice a week in August and then got a paid job about towards the end of October which I do alongside my volunteering job - 6 days a week, yup I'm exhausted and you’ll probably find me half asleep on the sofa at half 10 with an open book slowly crashing onto the floor! 
I also graduated last month! I'm still not 100% sure it’s sunk in but hey I'm now the proud (and slightly confused) owner of a degree!
So now I've probably bored you with all that rambling let’s get onto the most important thing - books!




























Always and Forever, Lara Jean, Jenny Han ★★★★☆

I 100% took my time with this trilogy and I really enjoyed it. Lara Jean as a character is so different to any other character I've read about and although the third book wasn't my favourite I still really liked this book and I can't wait for the film!





















Lily, the Pug and the Christmas Wish, Keris Stainton ★★★★★

It's no secret that I love Keris and that she' s 100% up there with my favourite all-time authors and she’s always there when I need a good sob over the latest photo of harry styles (thanks if you’re reading this)!

I've read four of her books this year and loved every one! Lily, the Pug and the Christmas Wish was pure joy and I devoured it on the bus home from work! This book is the perfect Christmas book for children and adults, it's just so adorable!



















Alex & Eliza, Melissa de la Cruz  ★★★★☆

I've been a HUGE fan of Hamilton since around summer 2016 and I was delighted to finally get my hands on a copy of Alex & Eliza (I don't know why it was so hard to find one!)
Although the relationship between Alexander Hamilton and Eliza Schuyler is slightly different to the musical I still loved this book and it got me even more hyped about seeing the musical at the start of January!
























SweetFreak, Sophie McKenzie ★★★

This book just wasn't for me sadly! I definitely picked it up for the cover but I just found parts of the story slightly farfetched! I don't normally do negative reviews so this feels kinda unnatural to me but if you're into whodunnit stories aimed at a more younger audience I'm sure you'd really love this book!























Feel free to let me know what you've been reading lately down in the comments!

Comments