#93 Unconventional, a little book review

Unconventional by Maggie Harcourt was a book I'd been waiting for what felt like forever and it exceeded my expectations and I couldn't help but fall in love with Lexi, Aidan and Sam.
Taking place across various conventions run by Lexi and her dad Unconventional is the type of YA romance I adore!




















I read this book in about a week and I found myself laughing along with this book, cringing when Lexi did and cheering along as Lexi and Aidan's relationship (slowly) progressed!

















I seem to say this about quite a few of the books I read but Unconventional is so different from other YA novels I've read, for one the majority of the story takes place at a convention (well multiple) and the romance is slow burning! Which I loved, I don't know about you but I'm kinda over how quickly YA characters end up together.
The two of them had their issues and we saw Lexi's doubts and it just felt so much more real than other YA relationships.























With everything that's going on in the world it was nice to just become absorbed into a lovely story, so much YA nowadays is made up of dystopia and it was nice to read a book that was about something as simple as comic conventions.

I loved how developed the characters were and it really felt like you'd known them for years which I loved, it kinda felt like catching up with a friend you haven't seen for a while.

This book truly is beautiful inside and out (that cover, though!) and the comparisons to Rainbow Rowell are definitely true and valid (I'm aware this sounds negative but I adore Rainbow Rowell)!


















Reading Unconventional really made me miss attending conventions and I'm determined to try to get to a few throughout the year!



Vicki x
Disney princess in training 

Comments

  1. The cover of this book is so cute, really like it! I like the fact that this story is a little bit different too, it's always nice to get a breath of fresh air from reading a book, rather than being able to predict the storyline! Thanks for sharing!

    Abbey 😘 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get you! I can find that YA gets very predictable!
      Vicki x

      Delete
  2. Such a cute cover! sounds like a great book as well I think I might have to read this for myself this year 💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! Really interesting thoughts about these books and gorgeous photography!
    Freya - freyasnook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this book review, Vicki! This definitely seems like my kind of book! And I really need to read more books this year so I'll definitely be checking this one out :) x

    TOUCHOFGS // BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great review and I think I'd love to read this book! I also really love the sound of the characters relationship development x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Kayleigh I hope you do! Let me know what you think!
      Vicki x

      Delete
  6. Oooh I love a good slow-burn!
    One of my friends sent me this, and it's been in a lot of book chats so I can't wait to get started!
    Cora x
    http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think when you get round to reading!
      Vicki x

      Delete
  7. Really enjoyed this review - interesting, short and to the point. Sounds like a great book, always looking for something new to read! Thanks for sharing, will defo be looking to this book (once I've read all the ones I said I'd read🙈)

    Jessica & James | foodandbaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you mean! My TBR is overflowing (yet I keep buying more books)
      Vicki x

      Delete
  8. YES! I'm so glad you loved this, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for reading, please do leave a comment it helps a lot x