#72 A student lock-in haul

Hello, lovelies despite being in my final year of university I'd never attended a student lock-in until last week - I'm very forgetful and always find myself remembering about them when it's too late okay!
However, I ended up finding the perfect student lock-in - one at my local Waterstones yessssssss! So on very little sleep and a tummy full of quorn nuggets I set off student card, phone, and debit card in hand!







One of my biggest issues, when I'm in Waterstones, is which books to buy add on 20% off book (both in and out of stock) and you're met with a bookworm's heaven (and in some cases hell - how was I supposed to pick?)

In the end, I settled on three books, two pin badges, and a litograph and I also ordered Hamilton: The Revolution because my love for this musical is clearly never dying! The book arrived just a few days ago which is the perfect timing really!

















The first book I picked up was Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
I've loved the film adaption for as long as I can remember and never got round to reading the book. As it's only 157 pages long it should be a nice quick read!

























I also picked up Cecelia Ahern's debut YA novel Flawed which I'm so excited about! Cecelia Ahern's If You Could See Me Now was the first adult book I read (not YA or children's) so I was so excited to spot her name in the YA section! I've seen mixed reviews for this book so I'm looking forward to forming my own opinion of it!


























The final book I picked up was The Versions Of Us by Laura Barnett, I'm getting lowkey The Next Together vibes from this book, again I've seen mixed reviews but it's a book I've had my eye on for some time now!

























Now it's time for the prettiest book in this haul and that's Hamilton: The Revolution, which is so big that I needed to find a new blogging setup (hence the change of background from here on)


I also picked up a Great Gatsby litograph as they were selling them for just £5! I spent what felt like ages searching for the Peter Pan one but in the end decided to just go for Gatsby as it's one of my favourite classic books (and how good is it gonna look as blog prop)

























Finally, I picked up two cute little pin badges perfect for both my denim shirt/jacket and as blog props! The first just has some little books on and the second is Pride and Prejudice which I pretended to hate when we studied it in school when I reality I loved it - oops.

















Make sure you keep an eye out for these books popping up in a reading wrap!




Vicki x
Disney princess in training

Comments